Monday, April 22, 2013

Godzilla Movie Poster Series one: Terror of MechaGodzilla


Terror of MechaGodzilla was not only the first Godzilla movie that I ever saw, it is also a great movie.  Most of those who have seen this movie have only seen the U.S. version which happens to be extremely edited.  I read that those who were releasing the film in the US back in the 70's wanted to reach as large an audience as possible so they cut everything out of it that might be offensive.  This included the most crucial moment near the end of the film.  After the aliens have hidden the controls to MechaGodzilla inside the mind of the beautiful Katsura, she realizes that the only way to end the terrible reign of the monster is to do the unthinkable, suicide.  This moment is not only powerful it also echoes back to the sacrifice Dr. Serizawa made in order to defeat the first Godzilla.  Not a perfect film by any means but it is a great one.

5 comments:

  1. Justin,
    Killer work — diggin' your stuff!

    Best,
    August Ragone
    http://augustragone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work! All of these are just amazing! This one in particular strikes home as Terror of MechaG is one of my favorite Godzilla films. Titanosaurus is a boss. Do you make these available for purchase? I'd love a set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. MG and Titanosaurus were my favorites as kids. My goal is to get these printed but to avoid any lawsuits I want to try and get them licensed. The best thing you could do to advance this process is share this blog or the posters with friends to get them circulating. There have been some recent retro styled Trek posters that have become pretty successful and since the big G has nothing like this I hope it finds a place in G fandom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to be here and this wonderful article. I have found here lots of interesting information for my knowledge I need. all the details you provide to us, it was very helpful and useful, thanks for sharing this amazing post.

    cara menormalkan penglihatan yang buram
    cara mengatasi maag saat hamil
    cara mengobati sakit perut bagian kanan bawah
    cara mengobati sakit pinggang sebelah kanan
    cara mengobati ambeien atau wasir
    cara menyembuhkan kejang kejang
    cara menghilangkan cairan di paru paru

    ReplyDelete